Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Dr. Zhivago kind of day

Its snowing again. There's 2-3 inches on my porch, no wind and I'm trying to decide if I should head off to the store now or take the chance that its going to clear up later. Braving the weather might keep the melancholy at bay for a bit longer.

Katie went home yesterday. We had such a wonderful visit and I always hate taking her back. It leaves a void that I can't fill. There have been shifts in my relationships that need accomodating and a great, aching need for healing. Moving up here has given me the chance to rest from the chaos of PA school and my divorce. Now I think its time for the rehabilitation.

One of my goals for this year is to go deeper into meditation and yoga, hopefully to become less susceptible to the emotional winds that push me off balance. I'll have to cultivate some discipline or at least unpack it from that PA school box that I put away. I don't have any problem creating structure in my life but there are so many distractions and no sense of urgency. I suppose that sense of urgency will have to be created as well.

Right. Off to the store with me.

No comments: