Monday, January 19, 2009

Back From the Not So Frozen North

All I can say is: Thank goodness for the Montezuma Hot Springs. After a 5 hour drive, getting the kinks out was priority #2 after greeting Wanda the Wonder Shepherd.

My visit with my brother and sister in law was great. They really went out of their way to make us comfortable, well-fed and slightly tipsy on great wines. My brother Aaron is a bit of an oenophile and is passionate about finding unusual wines that are quite delicious. My favorite from the weekend is "Plungerhead" zinfandel. I'm not usually one for zins but this was super tasty and worth stocking up. Here's a review: http://webmarin.com/blog/2006/05/plungerhead-dry-creek-old-vine.html

Katie and I had a wonderful time. I don't think I've been that relaxed for an age. We wandered around, saw the Celestial Seasonings plant in Boulder, listened to music on the Pearl Street mall, and saw "Marley and Me". We bawled our heads off at that one. In the ladies room after the movie we saw one woman after another with running mascara and sniffles.

Even with all the strange new of the weekend (there's more that I can't really write about at this time), it was a wonderful time to bond with Katie and Aaron. I'm looking forward to the next trip in March.

No comments: