Monday, October 6, 2008

Wonderful weekend and doggie update

First the doggie update: The dogs that have been harrasing me for the last three months have finally been tied up after the very prompt and courteous attention of the San Miguel County Animal Control department. While I'm not thrilled about dogs being tied up, it's better than being allowed to run in the streets being a danger to themselves and others. On my way home from work today, I saw someone's little dog lying dead in the ditch. This is the sort of thing that happens when dogs are allowed to run on the road. Hopefully the owner of the little guy will pay attention and take care of the rest of his animals.

My weekend was a whirlwind and absolutely wonderful. My dear and old freind Paul (whose birthday is today) brought Indian food up from Albuquerque. Miraculously, it was still warm after a two hour journey in the car. Aaaahhh. Is there a patron saint of Indian food, or a goddess of the kitchen or some such thing. Next day we went to Taos with Arthur, one of my co-workers. It was the weekend of the long anticipated Taos Sheep and Wool festival. The drive through the Sangre de Cristo Mountains to Taos was breathtaking. The aspens are turning brilliant shades of gold and red in the midst of the deep green ponderosa pines. It was like driving through an impressionist painting of fall.

The guys, naturally, ditched me the minute we got to the wool festival. Never mind then. Today Arthur asked me to knit him a sweater and then realized he could have chosen a fabulous one of a kind yarn. Ha, said I, you should have stuck around! Anyhoo, I picked up a lovely shetland lamb's fleece: white with brown tips and little bits of grey. Also, after much deliberation, I found a wonderful yarn called "wicked". It's a bright purple alpaca plied with white alpaca. There were bits of acid green wool accents. Perfect for some outrageous mittens, say I. It was a perfect fall day in Taos. It was a bit overcast with just enough chill in the air to remind you of the date.

Sunday we went out to Lillian's ranch. That deserves its own post. Hasta manana.

No comments: