Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Over-analyzing My Navel

So I've still been feeling fairly cranky the last few days. Since it's more interesting to poke at the dead snake with a stick and watch it squirm rather than to say "look, a dead snake. I think I'll just let it lie", I'm obsessing over my poor outlook.

After talking to my daughter's stepmom last night, I realized that the anniversary of leaving my 2nd hubby was imminent. It's been nearly two years and both Katie and I have had major improvements in our lives. We don't have to deal with the daily stress of living with a person who's unpredictable behaviour wreaked havoc with our sense of safety, well-being, and self-esteem.

Every day I work to let go of the anger and sadness of that time. For some reason, its not getting any easier. This morning, my father told me that I should throw a party and celebrate my liberation. Maybe that would be a good idea; have some food and a bonfire, invite some friends. It sounds pretty cathartic.

No comments: