Thursday, December 4, 2008

Can't Trust the Weather man

Today was just plain ole cold. The temperature stayed in the low twenties all day. It didn't warm up, the sun didn't come out, the wind didn't stop blowing. Just frigid temperatures all day and into the dark night. Flurries were forecast for the late afternoon and evening. That would have been nice. A little picturesque coating of white over the trees, a little winter wonderland to complement the twinkling Christmas lights on the plaza.

Did we get snow? NO, we did not. The sky isn't clear but the bright reflective light of a snowy night is absent. So all we have is cold. Great.

Anyway, on the bright side I've no longer got the funk. My energy level is up and I'm upsetting as many applecarts as I can manage while keeping my job and not getting arrested. I'm blowing off my family at Christmas to take Katie to Sipapu ski resort and learn to snowboard. What the hell, I've got health insurance. Its a little more complicated than that of course but I'm not sure I want to get into the whole thing. In a nutshell, it's about getting out of the box I've squeezed myself into trying to please other people. Nutshells are for composting, not for living in.

No comments: