Thursday, September 11, 2008

new knitting book!

My new knitting book came in! Yay! Its called "Inspired to Knit". Katie and I found it when we were at the Alpaca show in Estes Park, Colorado two weeks ago, but it was a bit pricey and I'd already spent a bundle on that little short trip. I think we spent less money in Mexico eating in restaurants and staying in a nice ocean front hotel than I did for tha jaunt up to Estes Park. Anyway, its one of the few pattern books that I've found that I would actually make every single item in the book. Even better: I got it on sale on Amazon. Gotta love Amazon.

There was a wonderful, soft fall rain tonight and I watched "Love in the Time of Cholera". I wept at all the appropriate times. I wasnt' sure about how the movie made me feel. Was I crushed that there was no one who loved me enough to wait around 53 years and change? Should I be heartened by the thought of love in my last days? Should I sleep around till my true love becomes available? Wait, I don't have a true love, should I sleep around anyway? Too many messages...

Anyhoo, it was a wonderful film. Marquez is a poet. Javier Bardem is spectacular. He has supplanted all others except Jon Stewart for my affections.

No comments: